Merrill Family

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Holy Moly!
What a fun Family Home Evening Treat!
......at Grandma Pember's House
Even my big boys get excited to go to
Grandma and Grandpa Pember's House for FHE!

Off to Denmark they go!
My long life friend and cousin, Sharon, is headed off to Denmark with her family.
We will all miss them! Can't wait to go and visit them overseas!
(Caroline and Olivia)

This is so exciting!!!!!
So the teacher called me again and told me that Charlotte got another 100% on her spelling test! Wow!!! But, that wasn't the best part, only 4 kids in the whole class got 100%!!!!
And......the teacher was so impressed with her handwriting and how she writes it so neatly, one word under the other. She said the other kids are writing them all over the paper still.
I know it sounds funny that I am so excited about this, but she is in a normal class and not even being pulled out for Special Ed. She has been given the chance and she is excelling! We are so proud of her!



Just Caroline and I together, that never happens!
We took a day road trip to go say good bye to Sharon and Olivia.
It was so fun just the two of us!
We went out to eat together, went to the mall,
just spent time together while Charlotte was in school and........
Kalicia spent the day on the Ranch........
with a real cowboy!
(Brother Griner)
Oh, and she loved it! He said she talked the whole time and he had to keep her from playing with the cows. She is such a goofball! She sure loved her special day at the Ranch!


I love the end of summer with all the exciting changes: kids getting new teachers, gardens producing, the beautiful weather, just all the excitement as the season changes!
Kalicia is my big helper while the others are off to school.
She loves teaching her little sister! Right now she is teaching her how to walk.
We will see how that goes........

Climbing the stairs has been a success for Caroline!
She is so pleased with herself, trying to follow her sisters around!
Kalicia is getting pretty good at helping me can.
We canned a bunch of peaches and have really enjoyed them already!
And of course, the radishes......
So, the easiest thing to grow is radishes, so I love growing them because I feel like a successful gardener! But, then what do you do with them? I looked up on the Internet and found this great recipe. It's very healthy and my kids love having it for a snack with their crackers.
Radish Spread
8oz. cream cheese
1/2 cup butter
1/2 tsp. celery salt
1/8 tsp. paprika
1/8 tsp. cayenne
1/2 tsp Worcestershire
1 cup shredded radish
1/4 cup chopped onion
~mix and chill
(use on crackers, bagels, sandwiches etc.)
Our cousin, Loraina, just graduated highschool and moved up north!
It is so fun to have more family up here with us! My girls just love her!
Our summer is officially over.
It ended with a fun Tea Party with Grandma Pember!