Merrill Family

Thursday, November 18, 2010

While I took a weekend in Nashville with a goodfriend of mine, the kids had a blast with Dad!
Caroline learned some new tricks! Climbing up on Mom and Dad's bed and getting into Mom's jewelry box! As frustrating as it sounds.....we are so proud of her! She is getting everywhere on her own and up to par on the "Terrible Twos". Which is fabulous because she has been developing so slowly, but catching up! She even started crawling everywhere on all fours this weekend. We have been practicing that for a couple years and she finally mastered it!!! Yea!!!
Loren kept me up to date with all the excitement by sending me picture texts! I loved it, cause I missed my family so much!!!
They got to stay up late with Dad watching movies!

Tammy and I heading off on our Exciting ADVENTURE!!!!
This is just the beginning!
It is always amazing to me what a different world it is up above the clouds.
Our first stop in Nasville, such fun cute little shops!
We had a great time out on the town, going up and down "Music Row"!
The talent in Nashville is unbelievable!

Stewart was an amazing country singer, THE SPRINGS.
We got autographs, their albums have been sold in stores!
They got the New Music Awards~Country New Group of the Year!
They are going to be the next big hit!
Music Artists everywhere you go, trying to make it big!!! And they were all so amazingly talented! This is Alexis and the Prince Brothers. I won't be surprised to see them again! She was so sweet, dramatic and very entertaining! ~Just a good time!


Gettin' ready for another night out on the town! Tonight we went to the
Grand Ol' Opry!
That was an incredible event! We saw at least a dozen famous artists!!!

Ricky Skaggs

Gretchen Wilson, she was a favorite!
Craig Morgan, so cool to be so up close!!!!
The next day, the long drive to MEMPHIS!!!!!
..........to see Graceland!!!!
The house was amazing, loved the stainglass in the front room.
I loved how down to earth Elvis still was, even after all his fame.
He had such a simple quaint little kitchen, all 70's of course.
He even had shag carpet covering the walls.
I was never a huge Elvis Fan, but I really learned a lot about him and think he is amazing!
He is not only incredibly talented, but cared a lot about people.
This was my favorite room, yellow and blue family room. He had three t.v.s so he could watch all 3 channels at the same time. He got that idea from the U.S. President at that time. Notice his lightening bolt off to the corner that he is known for.
I didn't realize he started out so young and very humble with little self confidence.

He had so many albums, awards, and donated so much money to just people in his neighborhood. He took care of the people, paying off mortgages, hospital bills etc...
Graceland was a lot of fun, home was beautiful and Elvis was a neat man. I loved that he loved his mother and took such good care of her. He gave his famous "Pink Cadillac" to her.

We had so much fun! It was a well needed trip for the weekend. Tammy and I had a blast!
Thank you Loren for supporting me and letting me go! I hadn't done something like that since before I was married. Thanks Tammy for an awesome time!!!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

What a fun trip! I went to Graceland when I was 16 or 17 years old...it was awesome back than too!