Merrill Family

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Oh my, oh my!!

So the doctor said I need to get my tonsils out! They have been telling me this for years. I am just finally getting my courage up to do it (I think). I still can chicken out! Everyone tells me how horrible it is, but eveyone that has done it, says it's worth it. I guess we will see. The doctor also told me to take it easy the week before, so my blood pressure and body would be ready for surgery. Well, the week became one of the craziest ever.........
MILLENNIAL PRESCHOOL GRADUATES!
We ended the year with a big program! I always miss my preschoolers!
I went to the valley twice this week with my family......
Kalicia, Caroline, and Charlotte enjoying
cotton candy, snow cones, home made ice cream and cup cakes
at the fun birthday party!

We went to the valley one of the times to celebrate
Grandma Lawlor's 90th Birthday!
It was so much fun to see all the family!


Charlotte finished kindergarten and is so excited to go onto 1st grade.
She can't wait to pick out her new lunch box!
We went with Mrs. Davis, Ms. Patsy and Charlotte's class on a field trip.


This was so sweet.....
Austin felt bad that he didn't get me anything for Mother's Day,
so he showed up with roses to give to me after school
while I was out working in the garden.

This week also turned into a very sad week.
Our Friend Rick Jones passed away.
My children were asked to sing "Teach Me to Walk in the Light" while I played the piano.
Me, play the piano.....I haven't played really since high school. I stayed up every night late and practiced for hours until I was too exhausted. It was a scary, but wonderful feeling to have to play the piano again. We were announced as Rick's Sweethearts in the Program. He wasn't ever able to have children because of his disablity, so he claimed mine and made them so many gifts.

My girls waiting in the Mortuary with Daddy, while Mommy was cutting Rick's hair. That is an experience I will never forget, very peaceful. I always cut Rick's hair, so the family asked me to cut his hair again to help prepare him for burial. My girls got one last chance to say good bye to him after I cut his hair. We had a nice good bye prayer, said by their Daddy.
Charlotte and Kalicia were so pleased that
Rick is going to be able to run all over heaven now
and even have two legs!
Rick was one of those special talented men. He barely had use of one half of his body, but he could make the most beautiful things with leather and wood.
The very last thing he made was a carriage out of wood pulled by a horse for my front porch. He surprised me for Mother's day. He was always so thoughtful and happy and always looking for ways to serve. My family was and is grateful for his friendship and great example to our family.
He passed away on May 18, 2010

The same day he passed away we were able to go to our
neighbors' adoption of their two cute girls, Elizabeth and Enya.
Then we headed to the valley for more doctor appointments
at St. Joseph's Hospital.




Well, my boys decided not to sing in Sacrament Meeting, so I have this mean rule(got it from my parents), they have to sing the Hymn they didn't sing in church before dinner for the family.
It turned into a spiritual experience! I really do have sweet boys!

4 comments:

Jaime said...

I'm definitely going to have to remember that rule as my kids get a little older and can actually read! You're a wonderful mother! :)

Gary & Sharlene Merrill said...

wow! what a week hope that you recoupe well from your tonsils being taken out. we Love you and your family.....

Gaylene said...

SO good to see you at the Birthday Party. What a cute family you have. You have been quite busy, teaching, partying, mothering, gardening. YOU ARE AMAZING! Good luck with Surgery. You will be just fine. You are tough.

Steven & DeLona said...

You have been very busy! Good Luck on your surgery! Wish I was around to help out. Neat experience to apart of a good friends memorial. You are good woman. Austin, good job on the flowers for your mom... very sweet! We miss all of you!