Merrill Family

Sunday, May 9, 2010

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!
It was a fun day! It started out with my husband and kids making me breakfast, Daddy's yummy omelets! It's a favorite in our house when he makes them. At church I sang with a couple of other ladies for Mother's Day in Sacrament Meeting. All the mothers got a beautiful rose following the meeting.
When we got home from church my family surprised me with all these neat gifts! My favorite are the homemade gifts. My girls painted frames for me. I loved it! Jon made me this wonderfullly crafted wooden bucket for our well out front of our home. The boys got me a haircutting set. Mine finally broke and they said they didn't want to pay for haircuts so they bought me a new set. So thoughtful!

Loren was very thoughtful and got me several pairs of gloves so I could use for gardening.
( He told me he was going to teach me how to use the gloves. hmm... I thought you just put them on your hands. I am learning that each pair is for different things. He is always taking slivers out of my hands.)
Then Loren invited my parents, Keith, Sierra, Winston and Tammy over for a big family Mother's Day Dinner. He grilled up some yummy chicken on the BBQ Grill, Keith made up the Mashed potatoes, Dad made the Gravy and Winston cooked up the carrots. All the men pitched in and made a nice dinner! Yummy! But, what a mess there was! Jon and Austin cleaned the kitchen after! What a fun Sunday afternoon!

Our Caterpillars turned into a Chrysalis (cacoon).....

Now the waiting begins!

2 comments:

Natalie Lundberg said...

Happy Mothers Day! You look beautiful!

collette said...

I'm glad you had a good mother's day. You are an amazing mom. You did so much for everyone else and you have so much love to give. I think you are pretty neat. We miss you. I wish we lived way closer.