Merrill Family

Saturday, June 12, 2010

When it rains.....It poors!

I have been out of it for awhile because I did get my tonsils out! Can you believe I went through with it? One of the worst things I have ever gone through! The doctor still tells me it is worth it, after I heal. I wasn't able to take the pain meds because they made me so sick, so I have been without pain medicine......
Being wheeled out to the car, after the surgery....
I don't remember any of this, but I guess Loren took picures....
I was pretty out of it and in pain.

While I was in bed and
unable to take care of my family..........
~My cousin, Winston, got in a roll over accident on the way home from church with my son, Jon.
Pretty scary!!!!! They were wearing seatbelts. They made it out ok.
Amaron had just pulled the jeep back over on it's wheels when Loren took the picture.
He totaled his Jeep, but everyone was safe!
Then, poor little Caroline, curious and getting around everywhere,
took a tumble down the stairs.
(she was ok, no bumps or bruises)
But, another scare for mom!

Then, before that......
Charlotte was walking on the sidewalk with her walker and the wind
picked her up in a whirl wind and threw her into the road, right on her face.
(I didn't see it, so I first thought she got hit by a car.)
She was rushed to urgent care to check for concussion and
get her lip put back in place because her teeth went through her lip.
(After watching the Tooth Fairy-movie, she is excited about her loose tooth.)
Her whole body was pretty beat up, so they checked her all over
She is doing well, just healing.
(Blood covered her beautiful white dress)

Third trip to urgent care in one week, because mom is stuck in bed.

Now we know why we need moms!!!!

Kalicia was jumping on the trampoline with her cousins and she landed head first on the metal frame of the trampoline. Once again scared, blood everywhere, back to urgent care. They super glued her head back together. At this point the doctor said he was more worried about me because I was supposed to be in bed healing. He checked me over, got me hydrated and ordered me back to bed.

(The nurse told me when I feel better, take the white dress and other clothes covered in dry blood, soak in water, spray with hairspray and Peroxide and throw them in the Washing machine. I was too weak to try to scrub the blood out of the clothes hoping it would just come out. The clothes turned out as good as new! Hairspray and Peroxide work, even after it dried with no scrubbing!)

Wow, we all made it through the week alive! It was a scary week, but we are all alive!

(I couldn't have done it without my sisters and mom! I also got support from my friends.)

Thank you so much!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow Anna! That is a tough week! I can totally relate though! Last year, I had knee surgery, and would you believe, while I was out of it, very bad things happened?! Yes, I think you would believe it!

Mothers are needed! They watch out for the details!

Good luck with healing up!

Kimberly said...

Holy Cow Anna! You've had some week. I feel bad that I haven't been much help. Let me know what I can do for you. I can't wait to see your family up at Big Lake!

Tara Williams said...

Yay you got it over with!! It doesn't look like it was very fun though..I hope your feeling better now. Oh and it's official we are moving up there so im enlisting you as my friend!!haha! whether you like it or not!

Steven & DeLona said...

That is a crazy scary week! Glad to hear all have survived! Especially glad you have family around to help you.